Hurricane Update & Claim Information
In order to communicate claim information to customers in need, Assurant has started running targeted digital ads in the hardest hit zip codes. The ads will run into next week and direct customers to a landing page with claim filing details.
Claim contact information has been consistently advertised on social media, even before the storm hit. Follow us on Twitter @AssurantCATInfo
Assurant Claims Response:
Assurant's claims team is prepared to handle policyholder claims from recent flood events.
The Assurant response team has resident field staff adjusters already positioned near the suggested area of impact. Additional first wave Assurant catastrophe adjusters will be staged just outside the anticipated landfall area with plans to move to the most affected communities once they become accessible.
NOTE: If you have multiple claims for the same insured, please call to report the claim, versus using the portal, so we can assign all of these claims to the same adjuster.
Please reference the Flood Claims Handbook to assist you in answering policyholder questions. Assurant field staff adjusters will also provide this document to policyholders at the time of inspection.FEMA has many excellent resources:
- Tips on coming home after a Flood
- Debris removal guidelines
- FEMA tips on filing a flood insurance claim
- Tips on salvaging water-damaged valuables and heirlooms
- Learn about Disaster Assistance
- Check for structural damage before entering your home.
- Don't dry anything that will have to be removed (carpet, drywall, insulation).
- Take photos, save all receipts and track your time spent cleaning.
- Make a list of damaged personal property.
- If building property is removed (drywall, carpet, carpet pad), keep it on the premises.
- If it must be removed, cut a sample piece to give to the claims adjuster.
General News & Updates
Agents interested in receiving NFIP program change communications and news can sign up directly by clicking here and choosing from a variety of options based on preference.